CHERRY THEORY

a working theory of a black cherry
a hypothesis maybe...
or maybe a mere question I carry..

without further ado...
here's what i think is true

preserved fruits taste bitter
discovered a lifetime later
o' how sweet the real cherry tastes
through skin to the stone sweetness lasts
fated to have had the experience once
in pursuit of it's sweetness ever since
rendered wasteful those years
how proudly a smile they wear
pity those smiling unaware
eons later, came across a cherry
as fate has it, it was a red cherry
indeed it is a sad story
the black cherry I was after
clueless to where they are, I ponder
be it whether a blessing or a curse
it can now never be worse
the black cherry here is scarce

long it has been, the taste I can barely remember
as I recall, it was a cold night one December
when all lesser cherries went sour...(sigh!)



4 comments: